Are you feeling blue? What about moody gray? The perfect shade for your Naperville home exterior awaits in the extensive and impressive catalog of popular James Hardie Siding colors. Selecting beautiful James Hardie fiber cement siding is the first step in designing a premium exterior remodel in the greater Chicago area.
Smardbuild is here to ensure you get every detail exactly right during your new siding project. We are the Chicago area’s James Hardie Preferred Remodeler. We’ve gone the extra mile to develop the craftsmanship necessary to do this extraordinary product justice.
About James Hardie Siding
James Hardie Siding is made from fiber cement. This manufacturing process has been around long enough to have a well-established track record. Fiber cement siding looks like natural wood but offers much better performance. It is durable, environmentally friendly, lightweight, and requires significantly less maintenance than its vinyl or wood counterparts.
James Hardie Siding Board Options
- Lap siding- James Hardie plank lap siding is the most popular brand of siding in North America.
- Vertical siding- Add contrast to your lap siding or go completely vertical!
- Shingle siding- Also called shake siding, this look gives a Cap-Cod feel at a fraction of cedar shake prices and delivers improved durability.
- Architectural collection- Truly anything is possible. The architectural collection includes panels and unique textures, lines, and trim.
- Trim- Hardie trim boards help you put the finishing touches on your home’s new look.
Top Selling James Hardie Siding Colors
We love that James Hardie provides a simple and accessible tool to provide a visual on every shade in the James Hardie board catalog. We also know that every computer monitor expresses color differently. Hardie’s house color tool provides a mood board for each color, which helps you to understand how the shade appears in real life.
Arctic White- White is the most popular color for a house and the best color for resale. It’s no surprise that Arctic White is America’s most popular color of James Hardie Siding.
Tans and Neutrals
Neutrals, off-whites, and tans are trendy choices for homes across the country, including Naperville and greater Chicagoland. Hardie’s top-selling neutrals are:
- Cobble Stone- This very light neutral is the number one seller in hotter climates further south.
- Timber Bark- A rich and distinctive gray-brown looks lovely throughout every Illinois season.
- Khaki Brown- Khaki brown is a true taupe. This warm and classic brown is also trendy on the west coast.
Dark gray houses look excellent with cedar accents. Luckily, Hardie does cedar shake shingles. Gray homes are the number one choice for Chicago’s James Hardie exterior remodeling projects.
- Aged Pewter- Pewter is the top-selling Hardie color choice in our Midwest regions. A deep, rich gray, Aged Pewter looks stunning in any combination.
- Night Gray- This moderate gray looks regal and understated.
- Iron Gray- Iron Gray is a deep, dark, elegant tone.
Hardie hues let you express some character and style to stand out on your block.
- Evening Blue- This stately hue lets you stand out while fitting in.
- Country Lane Red- If you’ve got a farmhouse or a craftsman-style home, Hardie does classic red right.
- Mountain Sage- This earthy natural green looks cheery in urban settings and right at home in the suburbs.
How Often Should You Repaint James Hardie Siding?
The lifespan of James Hardie Siding is one of its best selling points. You can repaint your James Hardie board approximately every 15 years. Of course, weather and shade change the rate your home’s exterior ages, but this is true of every material, even vinyl siding. Most comparable products will need to be repainted twice during the same period. This is an extra incentive to get your color scheme just right. Your home’s new exterior will be welcoming you home for a decade or more.
How Do I Pick A Color For My House?
An exterior remodel is a chance to change the look and feel of your home completely. You have an opportunity to stand out, express your style, increase your home’s resale value, or correct an eyesore. Exterior remodels are a significant investment, so giving your color choices careful thought is sensible. Here are some tips to ensure you get the color just right.
- Draw on your home’s architecture and history for inspiration. Some color combinations are classic for the time your home was built.
- Drive around your area. What is the color palette? What catches your eye? If you have a main color you like, notice what other colors are frequently paired to draw inspiration for accents.
- Define your goals. Are you aiming to blend in with the area? Are you trying to increase universal appeal for resale? Are you interested in expressing your unique taste and style in your forever home? These goals require different approaches to selecting a color for an exterior remodel.
Smardbuild is Chicagolands Only Hardie Preferred Installer.
SmardBuild is the Naperville, IL exterior remodeler James Hardie trusts with its world-class product. Our expertise in installing James Hardie fiber cement siding means we can deliver the eco-friendly, durable exterior remodel of your dreams.
Contact us today to tell us about your Chicagoland exterior remodeling project